I keep finding out I have food allergies. What is it now? Fuckin' blueberries! BLUEBERRIES! Whoever heard of blueberries allergifying someone? WAIT. This is some straight-up Willy Wonka business. The universe must be teaching me a lesson. That chick in the movie talked too much and was very loud and sassy. That has nothing to do with me though. The universe doesn't know what it's doing. Never has. Umm... can you say mosquitos? And their purpose is what? Exactly.
So, my mouth tastes a little like metal and burns like hell. See.. it is like the universe is telling me to shut up and stop flappin my mouth so much. So ABSURD! Universe! You got the wrong girl!
As of today, my need to save the world is starting to resurface. I took a long break from giving a shit about anyone and anything other than myself. Then, my bf went to Afghanistan. While it first it made me more selfish and self absorbed and nonsense, now it reminds me that there are people out there that don't sit around and blog and talk smack about people all day. There are people who put their lives in danger. So, what I do in response to this renewed vigor and passion? I sit around and blog about it. Hmmmm.........
I want to save animals in animal testing labs. I want to save people from the poisons in our foods. I want the soldiers to come home and stop losing lives for other people's greed. I want my mouth to stop making everything taste like pennies.
I think the last one is most important to me.
I guess I really haven't changed. It's all about me. That's how humans are. We each want to survive and bone to perpetuate our kind. Nothin wrong with a little survival and a little boning.... or is there?
I don't know the meaning of life. I just know that when it comes down to it, and I'm looking death in the eye (It will be by shark attack. MAN ISN'T IT GOING TO BE FREAKY WHEN IT IS!!!!?? Everyone is going to think I was a prophet and then this blog with be the next Bible ((but much less heavy), I want to have created something. Whether it be a child or a play or freakin sweet biweekly magazine that features old people changing the world just to prove that being old doesn't mean you can't be badass, it doesn't matter. I just want to know that I mattered. In a world where so much bullshit matters: botox and boob size and six-packs and tan butt-cheeks and nice cars and World of Warcraft and oil, I better contribute something! The standards aren't very high. DAMN
I love you.
Maybe I don't. Shit I dont know. Just know that I entertain the idea of loving you.
-Katie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
girlfriend. awesome post. awesome. and i am going to have to write you an email about that last part and the boning and creating.
ive been thinking a lot about that lately and its interesting...
but yah...email a-comin'. you's a genius!
I'm excited! I always love your feedback! You da bomb. Keep doin what your doin
Post a Comment