Saturday, April 2, 2011

I would worry that old people are going to read this and get offended, but then I don't care because I am so young and unruly and disrespectful

When old people (aka anyone older than me) talk about youth today having no respect for what prior generations have done for this country, I look at the atrocious acts of violence we commited on other nations and look at our decaying educational system and look at our extreme disrespect for the environment and the blatant disregard for other cultures, particularly in the third world, and I get rather offended. These old folks do not wish to own up to any of these things. They like to talk as if our youthful angst and discomfort with these facts are things to be offended by (the grammar of that sentence are offensive. And yes, that last sentence is ironic) They like to sit and watch the news and talk with their fellow old people and feel as if they are doing something great for this country just by passively observing and defending it. These such old people underestimate my passion and love for this country and mistake my thirst for change as hatred for this country. I am well aware that if I hate America so much that I can just leave. And if you notice, I have not left. That is because I don't hate America.

I hate old people.


Except when I'm old. Then I'll probably hate young people too because they will remind me of a time when I was actually useful and mattered in this country.

I don't really hate old people.

I just hate being underestimated because I am young. I am young, but I am also educated, curious, strong, hardworking, and passionate about equality.


Except for equality for old people.


I hate old people.



No I don't.

1 comment:

Freedom Re-Founders said...

PROTIP: Youth is a time to enjoy life. Don't let media gloom and doom taint your free spirit with worries. The best way to make a difference is to be a shining beam of happiness, other will see it and want to be one too. Life is precious. Enjoy it while you can. You'll find plenty to worry over when you become an old fart like me! lol