I'm watching another friggin documentary (the life of a tired pregnant twenty-something year old tool. ((That isn't the documentary. That is my life. Although if their was a documentary about me, it would probably be called something like that. ). This is a Discovery channel special about stress. And watching it is stressing me out. It discusses the function of stress in mammals and how our culture copes with excessive amounts of unnecessary stress. Stress is supposed to be a survival mechanism, but we use it every day with financial issues, finding work, keeping work, watching too many documentaries about everything that is wrong with the world, pressure to be a sassy unique lady in the world, and other such things and stuff and junk.
This is what is stressing me out most about this documentary, though: They used rats to test the effects of stress on the brain, and yes they found some interesting things about stuff (I'm going on 4 hours of sleep right now so pretend I am much more intelligent than I actually am), but was that really a necessary study?
Why do people always need to "study" and have "numbers" and "charts" to back up things that are pretty obvious. Um. Do you enjoy being stressed? No. Oh... Has anything good come from excessive stress? No. Oh... then it's bad. Ok.
But NO! This study was SOOOOOOOOO groundbreaking because it showed that scaring the shit out of rats for their entire lives had a negative effect on them.
Brilliant.
They could have saved the time, money, and rats, and just studied the lives of the millions of animals already being tested on for even more useless scientific research/ household products/makeup. These animals endure entire lifetimes of stress.
People just need to listen to their bodies. If you are feeling miserable, you are doing something that is making you miserable. So find that something.............. (long pause)............and stop........doing it.
People are so smart and sciency, that they are actually stupid. They say things like sciency.
We really do need to slow down and breathe and realize that the nonsense that humans create (mortgages, politics, religious differences, etc) are not the important things in this life, and yet we allow them to dictate our actions and feelings a majority of the time.
I'm tired and the baby in my womb has hiccups and I can feel them in my butt (just keeping you up to date on the facts of my life).
I may blog more later. I probably should because this isn't a very good post. I really need to work harder to maintain the quality of my blog. I'm a failure.... Fine... I won't sleep. I'll just dwell on the mediocrity that is my blog. Who needs sleep? I won't believe I need sleep until I see charts that prove 1 million rats suffered and died because they didn't sleep. Then... I'll know.
Stress.
Butt hiccups
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment