I bring this up because my brother and I just got in a fight. It's the first actual fight we have gotten into in a long time, and it was dumb (as all fighting is). I won't go into the details, but I will say that I never let things get very far in arguments anymore. I used to be bitch bitch mcBitherson and could argue about anything and wear my opponent down until they were just a bleeding pulp of useless.
Sorry. Too graphic. Too much.
Anyway. I really don't argue much anymore so I am a little disappointed in myself for perpetuating some teenage angst being taken out on me, but I see my talented brother with limitless potential being so self-centered at times, and I just want him to have that shown to him sometimes. I feel like the mother when I am at home. I won't go into all that either, but I do feel responsible for my brother because I love him, and I want him to grow up and grow past the materialism that surrounds him and find true joy. I see him, though, being a douche (as we can all be) and then getting senselessly yelled at and called names, and all this teaches him is to solve his problems by thoughtless screaming and careless responses. This is what I encountered tonight. A misunderstanding happened and he blew up. It only hurts and solves nothing.
So my point is that it hurts when someone you care about so much just senselessly blows up at you. Yes, logic tells me that he did not mean to call me a bitch, but the fact that he has enough hate in him to yell at me is shocking. I have learned tonight that I should never even contribute to any sort of conversation that only consists of aggravated testosterone. Just walk away and know that trying to convince someone when they are like that of anything is a fruitless labor.
Sorry, readers, I had to vent somehow and I am the only one who really has the patience to listen to myself at times like this, so writing all this out and then reading it myself will get me to calm down.
My advice, if you want it, is just don't yell. Get mad, get upset and hurt, but take enough time not to yell and get violent. These things just bring people too far apart to fix anything.
This post is lame.
I ate a BUNCH of chocolate today. Maybe that's why I am so emotional.
Women are so weak and dumb. I am glad we live in a male dominated society...
wait.. nope. I don't believe any of that.
K. good. I'm still me.
You can take my chocolate, but you can't take away my vagina... Well, I guess you could but that's taking my brain somewhere it doesn't want to go.
Sorry. Bye.
-Woman

2 comments:
While I agree with you that yelling, namecalling, whathaveyou only damages your relationship with the other party, I have also found from personal experience that bottling it up does an equal amount of damage to yourself.
no bottling. just no yelling. i agree with you, fo sho.
Post a Comment