Friday, January 8, 2010

What is real? What is death? I will answer these both in this post. You're welcome Universe.

I just ate frozen yogurt and learned that it is now called Fro Yo.

It's cute, but I hate it.

I have this weird obsession with watching people play video games. I hate playing video games...excuse me..bijeo games...but watching other people play is fascinating to me. I am a groupie to bijeo game nerds. I have reached a new low.

At least I'm not Fro Yo.

Ok. Now that we have that all straightened out, I have something to say. There is this show called The Jersey Shore. I hope to Jesus you have heard of it because it is amazing.. or the antichrist. Either way, I love it. There is this girl named Snookie on it. Now, there are many moments in this show where I go "What. The. Dammit?" I'm beginning to think I actually need to start a new blog to really give enough attention to these "What. The. Dammit?" moments. Anyway, this one Snookie moment really got to me. The guidos were making a lobster dinner, and as you know, to make lobster you have to buy them alive and then kill them. Yeah.. it's kinda sad, but that's not where I hold issue with this episode. Snookie walks in while they are throwing the lobsters in the boiling water and she gets so UPSET and DISGUSTED and starts wailing about how she is a Vet Tech and helps animals...doesn't kill them! Oh Lord! Snookie you are such a lover of animals! Then she says that she won't eat lobster because they are alive when you kill them.

They are ALIVE when you KILL them.

This really got me in an existential place. First, I thought, aren't we all alive when we die? Isn't that the nature of life and death? Then I started thinking, maybe Snookie is just a thinker.. a real thinker.. beyond my wisdom. Snookie is saying that things are only dead when you see them get killed. Kind of the tree falling in the forest thing. If you don't see the cow suffering a life of pain and torture and then see it get slaughtered, then it isn't dead. It was never alive? No. We are only dead if people see us die! OR NO! We are only alive when people have seen us killed! Yes! That is it! This being true, I hope that Snookie gets killed in front of a bunch of people.... you know... so she is really alive.

I really do like Snookie. She is a little too much for knowing so little, but I think she is genuine at heart. Actually, what I notice most about this show is that they all mean well but are very very immature. They live their lives for pleasure and instant gratification, which brings them drama and instability and great reality TV. The more I see reality TV, the more real it becomes to me. I used to think it wasn't real at all because it is scripted and extreme. This show, though, teaches me that even the scripted junk shows the real nature of people. A lot of people will do anything for money and fame. A lot of people mean well but live for pleasure and instant gratification.

What this has done for my life is that anytime I am experiencing "drama" in life, I realize I am focusing too much on the superficial in life. I am living too much in the reality TV zone.

Although, let's be real. A reality TV show about me would be AWESOME! You all could just sit and watch me blog and talk to my cat all day. It is pretty fascinating. I wish I could watch it.

EVEN BETTER


There needs to be a video game where you are me blogging. Then, there would be no need to ever leave your house again. You would be completely satisfied and living a life that Snookie would be proud of.

Snookie loves Fro Yo, too.

WWSD?

 Let's make bracelets.


KW

2 comments:

Chippocrates said...

So in order for our existence to have the most meaning, as many people as possible should witness our death? You just blew my mind.

Arina said...

That line really got to me as well....

I'm still not over that I watch that show willingly. It makes me not like myself.