Apparently this blog will be the demise of my future. It is a fact that 98.6 % of people with blogs become homeless and end up selling their bodies.
People keep telling me, "You really need to make your blog private or delete it because employers will read it and find you appallingly inappropriate."
I mean.... I think my blog shows that I have a sense of humor, a good handle on irony, am a brilliant writer and confident, commit to projects once I start them, and that I can write the word "blog" backwards on my nose with eyeliner. Forbes and Time magazine both say that writing backwards with atypical writing utensils is the number one quality employers look for when hiring. I obviously have a really good grasp on what employers want, and so I resent people hatin' all up on this blog and trying to tell me what to do.
I think such people should read my blog and see that the title of the blog in question is called "I do what I want."
There is no formula for success in this life. You can eat Wheaties, jog every morning, get a business degree, volunteer on your weekends, study abroad, read the paper every day, work 9-5, act polite towards everyone, stay politically correct, dress fashionably but not scandalously, date someone with the same values for 3 years, get engaged and stay engaged for an appropriate span of time, get married in the same church both your parents got married in, move in together after the wedding, save money for 2 years then have a baby, always keep the house presentable, throw delightful dinner parties with all the right people in attendance, eat healthy, save for retirement, blah blah blah, etc....you can do all these things and still find yourself incomplete. Lacking. Lost.
Maybe not...if that's what you really want. I don't want to hate all up on (my new phrase apparently) people who do these things. It is a lovely life if it is what you want. I just don't appreciate the pressure to live up to this.
The more I do what I want, and the less I let people scare me into following what they want, the more complete I feel. I want to live life and always be true. I want my life to be honest. Like this blog. So, I will not delete my blog because that would go against what I stand for. At least for now. If that changes, then I will pretend I never said this and probably lose contact with anyone who will remember that I once believed these things.
I do what I want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I *heart* you
Keep writing, never stop writing, and never stop doing what you want.
I had a blog I had to 'KABOOM' because a nightmare ex of my fiance found it and went all...HELLO I'M CRAZY AND I STAB YOU NOW...aka using it in court. Whatever. I started a new one.
Because I too DO WHAT I WANT.
I also met someone online, met him in person, then a week later moved to Scotland. BECAUSE LIFE IS TOO DAMN SHORT. Disclaimer: There were 6 months in between meeting online and then in person. So I'm only partially completely insane. TRUTH.
i enjoy all of these comments
i like how you wrote blog on your nose. and if it is any consolation, 10 yrs of a "blog" and i still have a house so ... i'm waiting for that homeless thing to happen.
it probably won't.
anyway -- i came across you by hitting the random blog button at the top of the blogger screen and i'm glad i stopped in.
keep writing. i'm glad i have a record of the last 10 years, and you will be glad you do too.
Post a Comment