Don't you hate it when I put things in Spanish just to prove that I can?
So here is what I learned today.... I don't like authority. It isn't a surprise.
Oh, by the way, that isn't what the Spanish above says.
Oh, by the way, yes it is.
Got 'em.
Yeah it's obvious that I put on the image that I don't like authority. It's a requirement for having a blog. And, yes, people tell me that I don't listen to authority well, but I don't usually listen to those people because I'm too busy listening to authority, except...wait...no I'm not. I'm NOT busy listening to authority. I'm busy being a self-absorbed prick. Why didn't anyone tell me!??
This is why I don't listen to authority. Because there is no authority in my world. There is me being the boss of me and that's my life.
So, should I change this?
Right now I'm thinking I should. Why? Because I was an ornary biatch today...really everyday. I get SO pissed in classrooms. It's immediate. I walk in and then I become a 21 year old drunk guido and I need to fist pump, then get in a bar fight, and let everyone know that I'm the king of Jersey. In the moment it seems so appropriate. I feel like classes are wasting my time and that teachers don't respect me because I'm a student, and I feel like theatre people are so fond of hearing themselves speak that they find any excuse to ask a long question that incorporates too much pausing. You guys! Pacing! Learn it! It's pretty much all we study! But now, that I'm bloggin,g I realize that ,I am wasting you,r time, I am ,,not respecting you,, as a reader, and that I ,am a little more than f,ond of hearing, (or seeing, rather) myself speak in this bloggy blog (those commas call for pauses).
So while yes, I really do think school is wasting my time, por lo general (did I mention I speak Spanish?), many of my theatre professors and peers do know what they are talking about and I should listen. So I apologize for being a diva.
BUT THEN AGAIN, maybe I'm so pissed all the time because things need to change and I need to start a revolution. I would be great at that! I can appeal to the masses with my gender neutral appearance and my rapport with cultural minorities (whatever that means).
Oh. Side note. I got my census packet today, and was very excited about it. Then I filled it out, and got offended. I'm not quite sure why.
Back to my revolution. I will revolt against the establishment, and other very specific things such as that. And then I will get arrested and people will make t-shirts that beg for my liberation, and then the war in Afghanistan and Iraq will end, and the my bf will come home, and then I'll spend all my time with him, then I'll forget about my revolution and my followers will turn against me, and then I will be elected to Congress because that is the next logical step, and then I will get my picture taken with the Pope.
Somewhere in there, I'll probably stop blogging so it's a win for everyone really.
See, if authority spoke as clearly and concisely and deliberately and brilliantly as that above paragraph, I'd listen.
My hypocrisy is upsetting. The picture of the Pope and I will be next to "hypocrisy" in the dictionary.
This post proves why I am not good at Twitter. And it also proves why the plays and/or sitcoms I write will never actually go anywhere and won't contribute anything to society.. like LOST
OH NO SHE DIDN'T!
Fine. I'll allow you to watch Lost, if you promise not to go to the circus. If you want to know more, I'm going to post information about circuses in my next post.
Viva La Hippieocrisy!
-Katie
PS. http://moose-drool.blogspot.com/ -Not your typical soldier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment