Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Life is for living we all know, and I don't want to live it alone- Coldplay

Life is weird.

Isn't it the weirdest thing??? Everybody does it, and yet no one knows how to. There are infinite possibilities in life. There is no standard life that leads to bliss. We all have unique perspectives and opportunities. We all share this ignorance to the true "meaning of life" and can all unite under that fact, and yet we all have special and personal understandings of what life means for the individual. You live for Jesus, She lives for Metallica, He lives for baseball, I live for....

Coldplay?
Animals?
Being skinny?
Being popular?
Making people laugh?
Saying "terrorism" over the phone so the Man listens in on my phone conversations?
Blogging?
God?
Science?
Defiance?

I live to question, maybe.


I live to figure things out that I will never figure out.
I live to change because if I stay one way too long, I'll get bored. Or maybe I'm afraid you'll get bored.
I live to be a good person, even though I do not believe there is such a thing. (not that people are bad... we are both)
I live to fall in love (I sound like Carrie Bradshaw right now).



Living... it's frustrating.

How does one become "satisfied" with life?

Will I always be looking ahead? Will I ever stop looking at the map to find my life and see it where I stand?

Is life a sick game of hide and seek? Because I have never been that kid who likes that game. I hate being chased more than anything. I hate laser tag and gang wars and all those other chasing thingies. Maybe that's my problem... Life is all about enjoying running for your life. 

WHAT????

That made sense in my head for like a second, but then again it is 3:33am.


I shouldn't talk.

Don't chase me.










1 comment:

Mitch said...

you said you want answers on your blog, so here they go.
The trouble with living to be a good person is that it is impossible. If you don't believe in others' moral codes, hold yourself up to your own. I fail at my own, all the time. Once I realized that I couldn't be good enough to please God, I found peace because Christ did that for me. Humans are inherently self serving.