Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sometimes I Wish I Could Rap

If I could just bust out a rhyme on haters in the skreets, people may feel what I'm representin' more. 

Blogging is just so.... white.

But I must accept that I am a pasty little vegan chick with no street cred. So blog on!

Tonight, I just feel like following where the typing leads me. I don't particularly have powerful declarations to impart upon you. That ain't my style. Actually, I have not been my usual  brilliant and clever self lately. I feel dullard-like. Like when you get a little too drunk one night and you look across the room and are just certain that you see your friend that you made out with that one night when you got a little too drunk- creating a very awkward situation- but several months have passed so you feel you can make a very funny joke about said night so you smile really big and wave over the friend across the room but you don't think they see you so you get up and ever-so-carefully walk over there but when you get there you realize it is a life-size cut out of David Hasselhoff which just creates another awkward situation due to being a little too drunk. so you try to play it off like there is someone behind the cut-out, but you and the drunk asshole at the party who likes to yell to all his friends what a tool you are both know that you Hassled the Hoff.

That is how I feel.

Awkward and fuzzy and like I'm hassling hoffs and others.


I'm very preoccupied with many things right now, and the Animal Rights Movement has not been my priority. I'm feeling guilty about it. So, to make up for it I am going to write some letters to some corporations who test on animals tomorrow. Letter writing can feel so tedious and pointless, but such is life, especially for animals who silently endure whatever we "higher" species decide is most convenient or entertaining  for ourselves. Tedious and pointless is the life of the corporately farmed and slaughtered animal.

Making this post relevant was a stretch but I think I managed. 

I'm going to go finish watching My Fair Lady on TIVO.

I think TIVO would be a vegetarian if he required nourishment.



Love you.

White Girl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holla white girl. This post just made my day even better - which is saying something considering the fact that I got to pick out paint colors for my office building and I saw a double rainbow today.

Yeah - I miss you, dude. And don't sweat the lack of enthusiasm, you'll get it back.