Friday, June 6, 2008

Alright.. but let's make it a quickie because im tired...

Buenas Noches Senores!

Vamos haber....
I just returned after a full day of traveling back from Mexico. I wanted to post a short bit because I have missed babbling on so much.

The trip was a mixture of amazing and horrible. 

Katlyn?
Yes?
What was amazing?

Well... first of all, I speak Spanish with class and charm. Those Mexicans loved the little gringa speaking their language of love to them. Everyone I talked to was so nice and a little bit crazy, which I can relate to. It was always funny when they would realize that I could understand them, and then I wouldn't be able to get them to shut up. Mexicans LOVE to talk. I was only there a week, and I learned so much! It has renewed my love for the language and culture, and I have decided I am moving to Latin America as soon as possible.  

Also good, we zip-lined through the jungle and that was BEAUTIFUL. It blew my mind. I was zipping from mountain to mountain, and looking down at the birds flying. The ride up to the jungle, though, was crazy!!! We literally rode in the back of a pick-up on the interstate and up into the jungle onto a one-lane road that spiraled around the mountain. We were going about 50 on the turns and there was nothing between us and the edge of the cliff. We were all freaking out about coming back down, but after the zip-line, they got us all drunk on tequila that they make themselves so we forgot about the whole death thing.

ALSO good was free alcohol. I walked into my room the first day we got to the resort and went into the bathroom, and there was a case mounted on the wall containing four bottles of liquor for my unlimited use. It had a dispenser and everything. I had never seen anything like that.

Also good were the mexican fellas who worked at the resort. 

Bad stuff..... well, family time was horrible. I was miserable with my parents most of the time (although I wouldn't tell them that). Very stressful. Very unnecessary. Ridiculous things happened with the family.

Also bad is that a random gross mexican kissed me in the elevator. True story. Nuff said.

Also bad is that I caught the worst case of strep throat (at least I think it is strep; I go to the doctor in the morning) that I have ever had about midway through the trip. I blame the nasty mexican who kissed me. It has spread to my tongue and all around my throat. So, half of my trip I was in my room most of the day watching Mexican TV. 

Also bad is that the food was great if you are a carnivorous fat ass who enjoys cooking under the mexican sun in your own disgusting lard.

This quickie has become too much. I told you I was tired so finish already.

Basically I'm very glad to be home. I have more pertinent issues for this blog to discuss tomorrow with pictures, but I just thought I'd do a brief recap (mainly for myself.) 

I missed you. 
You missed me.
Call me.
Write me.
Fax me. 
Don't do one of those three because I don't have a fax machine (I'm not gunna tell you which).

Shaky Shaky
Sexy Sexy (the motto for the trip)

Senorita Katie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummmmmm. Shitty about getting sick -- but it sounds like an awesome trip. I'm infinitely jealous and wish I coulda been a fly on the wall everywhere.

Call me sooooooooooooooooooon plz.