I am sorry. I really am. I am sorry to all the animals that I have vowed to work to protect and save. I am sorry that I am a selfish being.
I am very absorbed in life. Throughout the day I do the things I do to do what I need to do for class and life in general. At night, though, I mentally sulk. I think it is a universal human trait to sulk. It isn't "wrong". My vegetarian plate is full and overwhelming thoughts have tired my brain until it can only slowly sulk. Faking happiness is the only way I keep people liking me. At night, though, who am I faking it for? ("it" is non-sexual)
A sharp pain, though, often jolts me aware and I realize how pathetic I am. It is okay to be pathetic sometimes, but I have a purpose in life. I am completely certain that I am supposed to help animals. When I have that much certainty, what can I sulk about?
How do I know this is my purpose? Because it is the only completely unselfish part of my life. It is the only entity that I worship with no expectations for blessings in return. I do not expect the animals to love me back. I do not expect unending praise. What I expect is arguments and scoffs. It's pretty much social suicide (Mean Girls.. it speaks so true). My love for life translates into my fight for animals, and that is the proudest part in my life. My value is my cause. I am a worthy member of society, and without my quest for animal liberation I am nothing.
I should be so honored to know my purpose. Many people search their years to find meaning. I have found mine! Frick on a stick with a brick, that is frickin' groovy. My selfishness is strong, but my passion is stronger. Today I leave the pity party and remember what is really important.
I hope you all find what is really, truly, actually, important to you. I love you. I love animals. The post below was written in a brief moment of spiritual clarity.

1 comment:
You are awesome.
The post below was awesome, too.
The pictures above are terrifying.
I think you might be in my biology class? Maybe not. Anyway, keep it up, your blog rocks even though it makes me sad.
Post a Comment